- What kind of Doctor is Dr. Epperly? Dr. Epperly is a Family Practice doctor, which means he can treat any age group from infant to seniors. He is not a specialist, but has a special interest in bioidentical hormone replacement, allergy, thyroid management, and clinical nutrition.
- What does the Physician Assistant do? PA’s are licensed to do almost everything the doctor can do. Our PA shares Dr. Epperly’s philosophy on integrative healthcare and was trained by him to ensure continuity in care.
- Does Dr. Epperly treat MCS or do Chelation or IV therapy? No.
- Does Dr. Epperly accept Medicare and Medicaid? No, by contracting with us directly federal law prohibits you from billing Medicare and therefore secondary insurances generally do not apply.
- Is Dr. Epperly on staff at a hospital? Yes, Central Dupage Hospital in Winfield. But he does not practice any hospital medicine. If you do happen to need hospitalization, your in hospital care at Central Dupage will be managed by one of their highly qualified “hospitalists” who are physicians who specialize in inpatient care or else by specialists.
- How do I transfer records to Dr. Epperly? Contact your old physician’s office and find out their policy on releasing records. You will likely need to fill out a records release form that they can provide.
- Does Dr. Epperly have another doctor cover his practice when he’s away? Either Dr. Epperly or the physician’s assistant covers the practice. However, occasionally another physician in the area will cover the practice.
- How can I reach Dr. Epperly? Please call the office and speak with an office member who will try to help you. If necessary, your message will be routed to Dr. Epperly for follow up. If your problem or question involves medical management, Dr. Epperly does provide phone consults at a cost of $50.00 / 15 minutes. Time includes chart review, writing prescriptions, mailing/faxing, etc.
- How do I get a copy of my records? You will be given a free copy of your office notes and labs when you come in to see the doctor. There is a fee for additional copies. You must fill out a release of records request form provided from our office.