SUBLINGUAL DROP USAGE
1. Drops must be refrigerated.
2. When you first begin to use the drops, be certain that the liquid is placed under the tongue (sublingual) and held there for at least one minute before swallowing. Initially, use two drops three times daily, either before or after breakfast, mid afternoon , and evening. For small children, hold your finger between the teeth for one minute so swallowing does not occur. Try to use a mirror when taking the liquid yourself.
3. If any symptoms repeatedly begin within 10-30 minutes after using the drops, be sure to notify the doctor. This could indicate a need for retesting. Stop the drops. If you have more than one bottle of drops, check each one separately.
4. For Food drops only - For the first month or two on the drops, try to eat only a little of the foods included on the drops or do a rotated diet described elsewhere in your handouts or one of the recommended books. If you eat too much too soon, the drops will not help. After a month or two, gradually increase the amount of foods eaten to the normal amount, providing the drops seem to be preventing symptoms.
5. Once you are able to tolerate the items in your extract in the normal amount without any difficulty, try using the drops less often. At first try them twice a day. If there are no difficulties after a few weeks, try them every other day. In time, some patients seem to need the drops only once every 3-4 days. You will know when you need the drops (if they really are helpful) because symptoms return when they are needed and stop when they are taken. Some patients find they can stop all drops after 1-2 years of treatment.
6. If you are exposed to the substances in the drops and you have symptoms, try using the drops an extra time or decrease your exposure if possible. Using the drops more than 3 times a day will not be harmful.
7. If you forget your drops and feel fine, it indicates you are using the drops too often. On occasion you should purposely not take your drops for several days to see if you still need them as often as before. If you have any doubt, try no drops on a week-en. Do not completely discontinue drops without discussing with us first.
8. Call our office to order more drops. Please allow 2 weeks notice for reorders.
ADVANCED INTEGRATIVE HEALTHCARE
William Epperly, M.D.
Tel 630-893-9661 Fax 630-893-5665